Web programming in Python.

Michael Crute mcrute at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 21:40:07 EDT 2008

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 6:39 PM, Kurda Yon <kurdayon at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am totaly newbie in the Python's web programming. So, I dont even
> know the basic conceptions (but I have ideas about php-web-
> programming). Does it work in a similar way? First, I have to install
> a Python-server?

There are a couple of different ways to do web development in python.
The easiest if you're familiar with web development in other languages
is through CGI. I would recommend reading up on the python cgi module
[1] which will walk you through the basics of writing your first cgi
program. When you're comfortable with basic cgi you might want to look
into a framework like Django or CherryPy.

-mike

[1] http://docs.python.org/lib/module-cgi.html

--
Michael E. Crute

God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things.
Right now I am so far behind that I will never die. --Bill Watterson