Web shopping carts

david.lyon at preisshare.net david.lyon at preisshare.net
Wed Sep 10 20:08:27 EDT 2008

Quoting Luke Hamilton <luke.hamilton at rpm-solutions.com.au>:

> I am wondering if there are any OS shopping cart application written
>  in python?

Hi Luke,

I'm sure there are a few.....

But recently I have been asked by two customers to provide a solution.
So I'm thinking about the same thing.

Actually, I've looked at a few systems like OS-commerce and so forth
and my impression is that they are a bit old fashioned. As in, the web
has moved a bit on since these projects started.

Plus, I have customers in the computer industry, whose requirements
are a bit different than the generalist cart programs. They want to
pull prices in from spreadsheets and have price auto-calculations etc

Basically, what I have put some work into has a search screen a bit
like a search engine, and tries to combine leading edge javascript
effects with a CherryPy/Cheetah back end.

There's also some fantastic javascript slideshows out there..

I was never excited about what web systems could do.... until now....

javascript effects are just plain amazing... and what better to drive
it than a python back end....

Let me know what you think...