How Compute # of Days between Two Dates?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Mon Sep 1 11:12:07 EDT 2008

On 2008-09-01, W. eWatson <notvalid2 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Grant Edwards wrote:
>> On 2008-09-01, W. eWatson <notvalid2 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>>
>>> That's the question in Subject. For example, the difference between
>>> 08/29/2008 and 09/03/2008 is +5. The difference between 02/28/2008 and
>>> 03/03/2008 is 4, leap year--extra day in Feb. I'm really only interested in
>>> years between, say, 1990 and 2050. In other words not some really strange
>>> period of time well outside our current era of history.
>>
>> Does the standard library's datetime module not do what you want?
>>
>>   http://docs.python.org/lib/module-datetime.html
>>
> Yes, it would seem so. This works fine.

It would probably be worth your while to read through one of
introductory Python books or just browse through the Python
tutorial:

    http://docs.python.org/tut/

> I was pondering this in pyfdate, but perhaps missed it or it
> was not obvious to me in the tutorial for some reason.

Sorry, can't help you there -- I've never heard of pyfdate.  The
timedate module that comes with Python has always done what I
needed to do with dates/times.

--
Grant