How does python call OS?

Siegfried Heintze siegfried at heintze.com
Sun Sep 14 02:51:39 EDT 2008

I just finished reading a chapter in "Python Programming on Win32" and tried
out the pythonwin scribble application. I'm not sure if I got it right
because I could not open a new document. I tried to download the source code
as referenced in the chm file but it is corrupted. I cut and pasted from my
softcopy of the book.

I see the next sub-chapter on wxWindows for python and the previous
sub-chapter on TK. This is looking a lot like other scripting languages
(such as perl and groovy and even java). Can python call anything directly
or does someone have to write a DLL in C/C++ that calls the function first?
Thanks!
Siegfried