running python as a dameon

kaer kaerbuhez at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 16:16:56 EDT 2008

On 6 sep, 15:44, Michael Palmer <m_palme... at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> On Sep 5, 9:56 pm, Sean Davis <seand... at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > > What I want
> > > to do is to provide the python NLP program as a service to any other
> > > PHP/Java/Ruby process request. So the mapping is
>
> > > http -> apache -> PHP/Java/Ruby/... -> Python NLP
>
> > Why not use a simple CGI script or wsgi application?  You could make
> > the service online and interactive and with the same application and
> > code make an XMLRPC web service.  So, things would look more like:
>
> > http -> apache -> Python (running NLP and serving requests)
>
> > You can use apache to proxy requests to any one of a dozen or so
> > python-based webservers.  You could also use mod_wsgi to interface
> > with a wsgi application.
>
> > Sean
>
> xmlrpc is the right idea, as it interfaces easily across languages.

I just daemonize some utility script these week. For that I took one
of the scripts in the ASPN python cookbook : google those 3 words then
search python and you will find out your solution faster than I end up
this mail. It worked like a charm on my linux box.
BTW, I wouldn't complicate with xml stuffs if you don't need it.

Good luck.