problem with "ImportError: No module named..." and sockets

Daniel daniel.watrous at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 18:44:51 EDT 2008

On Sep 30, 4:17 pm, "Gabriel Genellina" <gagsl-... at yahoo.com.ar>
wrote:
> En Tue, 30 Sep 2008 18:38:19 -0300, Daniel <daniel.watr... at gmail.com>
> escribió:
>

> > [BEGIN CODE]
> > #!/usr/bin/python
> > import SocketServer
> > import os, sys
> > newpath = os.path.normpath( os.path.join( __file__, "../../.." ))
> > sys.path.insert(0, newpath)
>
> > from pop.command.UpdateCommand import *
> > import cPickle
>
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> > [...]
> > ImportError: No module named UpdateCommand
>
> > I import the module at the top of the file server.py, but it doesn't
> > throw the ImportError until it tries to unpickle.
>
> Notice that you don't import the UpdateCommand module - you import all
> names defined inside it instead. It's not the same thing.
> Seehttp://effbot.org/zone/import-confusion.htm
>
> --
> Gabriel Genellina

Thank you Gabriel,

The class inside that module has the same name, UpdateCommand.  Since
this is the object that was pickled, it should be available to the
unpickle command.  I already understood the difference between import
methods and I think I'm covered.  I did just try "import
pop.command.TesterUpdateCommand" instead and I get the same error.