Mako --> Genshi

Chris Babcock cbabcock at kolonelpanic.org
Mon Sep 1 01:22:59 EDT 2008

> > Is there a cheap way to convert Myghty/Mako templates to Kid/Genshi?
> > There's some code written for Pylons that I want to incorporate
> > into a TurboGears 2 project and Genshi templates are more likely to
> > behave themselves with the tools I'm used to.
>
> Not that I'm aware of. And I think it's impossible to reliably do
> that, because mako allows broken XML or "pure" HTML, whereas
> KID/Genshi require well-formed XML.

Yes, that would put the kabosh on it, thanks. Even more to the point, I
want to write more to <py:replace...> style than to <tag> ${content}
</tag> so that the template is less like to break in a WYSIWYG editor.
While I know how to edit xhtml source well enough to avoid breaking
templates, I can't guarantee the same of everyone who might be
involved. A translator gadget is less likely to produce the style that
I want than the other, which is more mako-like.

Chris