NEW GENERATED DLL ERROR FOUND WITHIN f2PY.py

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sat Sep 20 13:30:18 EDT 2008

Blubaugh, David A. wrote:

(no need to shout when filling in the subject line, thanks)

> I have now been able to generate a .pyd file from a FORTRAN
 > file that I am trying to interface with python.  I was able
 > to execute this with an additional insight into how f2py
 > operates.
>
> ImportError: DLL load with error code 193

Error code 193 is ERROR_BAD_EXE_FORMAT, which means that the thing
you're trying to import is not a proper DLL.

 > copy LICENSE.txt LICENSE.pyd
         1 file(s) copied.

 > python
 >>> import LICENSE
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: DLL load failed with error code 193

In general, the tools for building binary extensions for Python assumes
that you have at least some basic knowledge about how to build binaries
using a compiled language.

</F>