append on lists

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Tue Sep 16 10:57:26 EDT 2008

On 2008-09-16, Maric Michaud <maric at aristote.info> wrote:
> Le Tuesday 16 September 2008 15:57:53 Grant Edwards, vous avez écrit :
>> On 2008-09-16, Maric Michaud <maric at aristote.info> wrote:
>> > all expressions that return something, return a new object,
>>
>> That's not _quite_ true:
>>
>> True
>>
>> ;)
>
> This is implementation specific,

Indeed.

> the specification of the language says that it should be
> false,

That's curious.  If so, then the implimentation is in violating
the specification. Where is that in the specification? I
suspect the statement in the specification should only apply to
mutable objects.

> and it is for higher numbers :

> ...[17]: False
>
> Don't disturb our OP, with side questions, please, it was
> enough hard like this ;)

I'm not trying to confuse the OP, but to quote Einstein:
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not
simpler."

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I wonder if I could
                                  at               ever get started in the