I want to use a C++ library from Python

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Wed Sep 10 07:58:38 EDT 2008

kaer wrote:

> On 10 sep, 10:00, "Diez B. Roggisch" <de... at nospam.web.de> wrote:
>> Anders Eriksson schrieb:
>>
>> > Hello,
>>
>> > I have a C++ library compiled as Windows DLL's. It consists of 32 .h
>> > and 1 .lib and 1 .dll files. I don't have the source code.
>>
>> > How can I create a Python module from these files?
>>
>> Did you bother googling?
>>
>> http://www.google.de/search?q=python+c%2B%2B&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
>>
>> Diez
>
> You may want google "python dll" as well. Good luck.

Which actually isn't really helpful, as a DLL itself says nothing about what
language was used to create it - and sending the OP to e.g. ctypes makes no
sense at all in the face of C++.

Whereas the first link for "python c++" is Boost::Python, a C++-wrapper to
make C++-code accessible from Python.

Diez