PEP proposal optparse

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid
Thu Sep 18 12:07:45 EDT 2008

While we're making suggestions, I've always wished that the
--help output displayed the default values for options in
addition to the help text specified by the user.  I end up
having to enter the default values twice -- once as a keyword
argument and again in the help text.  Then later when I decide
to change the default value, things get out-of-sync.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! Did you move a lot of
                                  at               KOREAN STEAK KNIVES this