r"<path>"

Kyle Hayes mrkylehayes at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 13:50:01 EDT 2008

> Please describe the actual problem you're trying to solve. In what way
> do slashes need to be "fixed," and why?

Well, I have decided to build a tool to help us sync files in UNC
paths. I am just building the modules and classes right now so I
haven't developed the frontend yet. I am assuming when the user
provides a path (either by typing it in, or pulling it in from a
config file), the UNC slashes are going to escape stuff in the string,
so I want to double them up.

I understand if the best way is to convert all the slashes to double-
slashes. But the 'r' function seemed so handy and convenient.

I am very new to Python, but not at all to programming.

Thanks!