Test if list contains another list

bearophileHUGS at lycos.com bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Mon Sep 29 07:12:13 EDT 2008

Derek Martin:
>Quite a lot faster than mine... even without using psyco.<

It's designed for Psyco.

http://www-igm.univ-mlv.fr/~lecroq/string/node7.html

>Unless you're doing lots and lots of these in your application,<

I don't agree. That's library code, so it has to be efficient and
flexible, because it's designed to be used in many different
situations (if you don't agree, then you can try to suggest a
replacement of the C code of the string search of CPython written by
effbot with some slower code).

Bye,
bearophile