Unable to start a process with subprocess Popen()

dudeja.rajat at gmail.com dudeja.rajat at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 06:50:09 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm using the subprocess module's Popen() to start a batch file. This
batch file basically calls an exe which also gets started.
Unfortunately, this does not produce any results. I looked into the
Task bar that this exe has started but it does not consume and cpu so
I believet that this exe is not working.

I used the following command to start the batch fiile:

testing = subprocess.Popen([batchFilePath], \
                                   shell = True, \
                                   stdout = subprocess.PIPE, \
                                   stderr = subprocess.PIPE).communicate()[0]

batchFilePath is the path of the batch file.

--
Regrads,
Rajat