dynamic allocation file buffer

Thu Sep 11 23:37:51 EDT 2008

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 10:20:41 -0700, Aaron \"Castironpi\" Brady wrote:

> XML is the wrong word for the example I was thinking of (as was already
> pointed out in another thread).  XML is by definition sequential.

I'm pretty sure you're wrong. XML can be used for serialization, but that
doesn't mean it is only sequential data. XML is suitable for hierarchical
data too. To quote Wikipedia:

"As long as only well-formedness is required, XML is a generic framework
for storing any amount of text or any data whose structure can be
represented as a tree. The only indispensable syntactical requirement is
that the document has exactly one root element (alternatively called the
document element)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xml

--
Steven