Python Linear Programming on Ubuntu

Fett FettManChu at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 21:50:36 EDT 2008

I am trying to find a wrapper to do linear programming within python.
I am using an ubuntu machine and I have apt-get'd lp_solve, which
works just fine. If someone knows of a wrapper that will work with
that that'd be great.

I also heard that scipy has a wrapper, however, I can't find any
documentation on it, nor can I seem to find it with dir(). If anyone
knows where there is good documentation on this I would love to use
that (the more native to python the better imo).

I have tried many things, including http://lpsolve.sourceforge.net/5.5/Python.htm,
openopt, and cvxopt. I can't seem to find any with enough
documentation to get me off the ground. Some I can't compile, some I
can't even find out how to compile.

If anyone knows of an LP package (preferably with IP as well, like
lp_solve has), that interfaces well with python and has enough
documentation to get a dependency newb like myself off the ground that
would be great.