How to load current buffer into interpreter in emacs?

Niklas Norrthon niklas.norrthon at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 16 08:52:38 EDT 2008

On 16 Sep, 14:01, cnb <circularf... at yahoo.se> wrote:
> I'm trying to switch to using emacs for python.
>
> The interpreter and python-mode works but I can't load the file I'm
> editing into the interpreter.

I'm using emacs to edit and run python programs on windows. In
my .emacs I have the following line:

(setq python-python-command "C:\\python25\\python.exe")

And it works.

Another alternative is to set the environment variable PYTHONPATH to
point to the location of the python interpreter, but then you also
need to edit the .../lisp/progmodes/python.el file to use semicolon
(instead of colon) as a path separator. (in emacs 22.1 it is in line
1354 of the file (search for PYTHONPATH).

(Or perhaps you needed to that anyway... I'm not sure).

Good luck
Niklas Norrthon