Folder Actions on Mac OSX Leopard?

squishywaffle at gmail.com squishywaffle at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 15:31:37 EDT 2008

Greetings,

I've been trying to figure out if it's possible to attach a Python
script to an action via Mac OSX Leopard's File Actions system. I'm
wanting to call a Python script every time a file is added to the
monitored folder. Just adding a .py file doesn't seem to do anything
at all, and I can't find any log output anywhere to see what's going
on.

I'm more just looking to see if this is or is not possible. I'm not
interested in other solutions, as I already have them lined up in case
this is a no-go, but I'd really love to be able to do it this way if
anyone has any experience. Googling around revealed pretty much
nothing.

Any help is much appreciated,
Greg