Tkinter: Unable to update the text scroll

dudeja.rajat at gmail.com dudeja.rajat at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 04:50:13 EDT 2008

Hi,

I've a Tkinter application which has some widgets and a textbox with
scrollbar, I call it txtScroll.

The txtScroll is used to display the processing log  that application is
doing. Well the problem is that the txtSxroll is not able to display the log
at the time some thing is processed. Rather, it displays the log after the
complete processing processing is done. Example:

In a function, I've the following lines:

def func():
   print 'Testing & Result Comp'
   TASymbols.objLogToGUI.outputText("Starting Test and Results
Comparison\n")
   if selectedLib != TASymbols.strSelectAll:
            # we do not pass it as a string instead we will pass it in a
            #single element list
            libKey = self.__findKey(self.__libDict, selectedLib)

The colored line should display the stuff at the time it appeared in the
code. But only displays this after the function func() has processed
completely.

PS : I'm not using any threading stuff here..

Please help me resolve this problem.

Regards,
Rajat