XML-RPC "filter"

luigi.paioro at gmail.com luigi.paioro at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 03:40:25 EDT 2008

On 9 Set, 17:55, "Diez B. Roggisch" <de... at nospam.web.de> wrote:
> I would go for a slightly different approach: make your server have a
> dispatch-method that delegates the calls to the underlying actual
> implementation. But *before* that happens, extract the information as
> above, and either
>
>  - prepend it to the argument list
>
>  - stuff it into threadlocal variables, and only access these if needed in
> your implementation.
>
> Diez

Are you suggesting me to overwrite the _dispatch(self, method, params)
method of SimpleXMLRPCDispatcher? I thought to this possibility, but
it only accepts "method" and "params" as arguments, so, as far as I
know, I have no way to get the user and host address to append.

Perhaps I've misunderstood your suggestion... in that case can you
post a short example?

Thank you very much!

Luigi