[MacOS X] plat-mac/errors.rsrc.df.rsrc not installed/created

Christian Ebert blacktrash at gmx.net
Fri Sep 5 11:29:19 EDT 2008

* Christian Ebert on Thursday, August 28, 2008:
> I am on MacOS 10.4.11, and have a minor recurring problem, when
> using my own Python installation.
>
> I only stumbled over it when using http operations with the
> Mercurial SCM, and my /tmp/ folder was clobbered with *.rsrc
> temporary files.
>
> Some references:
> http://www.selenic.com/pipermail/mercurial/2007-October/015039.html
> and, as I forgot about it :( :
> http://www.selenic.com/pipermail/mercurial/2008-August/021072.html
>
> Apparently for some stuff plat-mac/macresource.py needs to create
> plat-mac/errors.rsrc.df.rsrc. If that fails, at least that is how
> I read macresource.py, it creates them via mkstemp in /tmp/.
>
> Once I recognize the problem I can work around it by either
>
> $ sudo mv /tmp/tmp<whatever>.rsrc /usr/local/lib/python2.5/plat-mac/errors.rsrc.df.rsrc
>
> or by temporarily "chown myname plat-mac", and, once the file is
> created, "chown root plat-mac" again.
>
> My 2.5.2 install is under /usr/local, but other Mac users with
> the same setup, do not have the problem.
>
> I don't need/want the Apple Framework install, and again, others
> do not have the problem with this setup.
>
> Anyone any ideas?
>
> The best I could google was
> http://bugs.python.org/issue763708
> but this seems encoding related.

I gather from the overwhelming reaction that I am the only one
experiencing this ;-)

However, if I can provide more info that might be useful, just
tell me.

TIA

  Was heißt hier Dogma, ich bin Underdogma!
[ What the hell do you mean dogma, I am underdogma. ]

_F R E E_  _V I D E O S_  -->>  http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/