Python style: exceptions vs. sys.exit()

Ross Ridge rridge at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Sep 24 17:11:28 EDT 2008

Bruno Desthuilliers  <bdesth.quelquechose at free.quelquepart.fr> wrote:
>You're kidding, aren't you ?

Of course not.  Plenty of people were quick to say that the exception
should be passed through to the caller.  No one said this behaviour
should be documented.  There may be little practical difference bewteen
calling sys.exit() after printing an error and progating an exception
if no one using the library knows that it could generate that exception
in those circumstances.

					Ross Ridge

--
 l/  //	  Ross Ridge -- The Great HTMU