understanding list scope

Peter Pearson ppearson at nowhere.invalid
Sun Sep 21 13:48:23 EDT 2008

On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 06:17:36 -0700 (PDT), Alex wrote:
> On 21 Set, 15:07, George Sakkis <george.sak... at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sep 21, 8:51 am, Alex <metallourla... at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
>> > I have a problem understanding the behaviour of this snippet:
[snip]
>> Because you're doing a shallow copy:
>> http://docs.python.org/lib/module-copy.html
[snip]
> Thanks a lot. It was giving me and headache!

FWIW, since I started following this newsgroup, I've noticed
that I no longer have those crises that revolve around the depth
of a copy.  I conjecture that they resulted from non-pythonic
style.  Try following this newsgroup for a while, and you might
see a lot of startlingly elegant ways of doing things.