[Tutor] Replacing cmd.exe with custom .py application

Ezra Taylor ezra.taylor at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 14:13:02 EDT 2008

Joseph:
             Check out subprocess.  The subprocess module is on python
2.4.  Also, use subprocess.call("your command",shell=True)

On Linux/Unix, the process is below

import subprocess

ret = subprocess.call("dir",shell=True,stdout=open('/dev/null','w'),stderr=subprocess.STDOUT)

print ret

You should get a return value of 0.  Which means that it was
successful.  I'm still learning this myself, so some of these other
guys might have more input.

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 10:32 AM, A. Joseph <joefazee at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Instead of going to the command line all the time, I want to create a small
> customized cmd.exe of my own, how can I get the return value from
> os.system() because I was thinking I can do soothing with os.system(), In
> case my question is not clear,  just like an IDE that plugged in another
> .exe application.
>

> Sorry for any mistake in my question. Just help me if you can

Ezra Taylor