component / event based web framework for python?

Jaime Barciela jbarciela at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 12:53:43 EDT 2008

Hello all,

I've been surveying the field of python web frameworks for a while but
there are just too many so I ask mighty Usenet.

Is there a component / event based web framework for python? Something
that can abstract you from the request/response mechanism and ideally
from html and javascript altogether?

As examples -- in other languages -- of what I have in mind:
    - in java: wingS, GWT, echo (2,3), karora, thinwire, itmill, and
maybe others
    - in javascript: cappuccino
    - in lisp: weblocks
    - in smalltalk: seaside, aida/web
    - in .net: asp.net

I would like to be able to write code equivalent to this C# example:

============
namespace WebApplication1
{
    {
        {
            Button b = new Button();
            b.Text = "say hello";
            b.Click += Button1_Click;
            Panel1.Controls.Add(b);
        }

        {
            Label1.Text = "Hello dynamically created on the fly
UI !!!";
        }
    }
}