Looking for a Duo - file comparison and a file parser

dudeja.rajat at gmail.com dudeja.rajat at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 19:32:27 EDT 2008

HI,
I'm thinking of writing a file comparison utility in python. This utility
will work as:

1. Compare 2 files for the differences. Both files contain some numerical
results.
2. Generate a common file containing the differences (the same way as 'diff'
generate an output)
3. Now, I will parse this file containing differences to check as to how
much is the difference of one file from other. So, for this I hope a parser
will be required.

Is there a utility available that performs similar job ( that some one might
have created considering the huge number of users of python) ?

Or may be some one has written some parser?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
Rajat