universal unicode font for reportlab

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Mon Sep 8 05:47:30 EDT 2008

Laszlo Nagy <gandalf at shopzeus.com> writes:

> I could not find any free TTF font that can do latin1, latin2,
> arabic, chinese and other languages at the same time. Is there a
> single font that is able to handle these languages?

The GNU Unifont <URL:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Unifont>
<URL:http://unifoundry.com/unifont.html> covers an impressive range of
the Unicode Basic Multilingual Plane.

Unifont is originally a bitmap font, but was recently made available
in TrueType format
<URL:http://www.lgm.cl/trabajos/unifont/index.en.html>.

Both are available in Debian 'lenny'; the 'unifont' and 'ttf-unifont'
packages, respectively.

--
 \                “Science doesn't work by vote and it doesn't work by |
  `\        authority.” —Richard Dawkins, _Big Mistake_ (The Guardian, |