pyXLWriter warnings

Robert Singer rsinger at ____.com
Mon Sep 29 19:09:23 EDT 2008

Platform: winXP, excel 2003
Python 2.5.2
XLWriter 0.4a3 (http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyxlwriter/)

Is anyone here using this very nice package, for writing excel files?
I'm using it on python 2.5.2. (although it is made for older version
of python) and cannot find a way to get rid of this error (code and
errors below).

Does anyone know how to avoid it ? I would appreciate all help and
ideas you can think of.

Bob
--------
>>> import pyXLWriter as xl
>>> workbook = xl.Writer("test.xls")
>>> worksheet = workbook.add_worksheet('first')
>>> worksheet.write([3,3], "Hello doc !")
>>> worksheet.write_comment([3,3], "I'm hunting for a wabbit")
0
>>> workbook.close()

--------
Warning (from warnings module):
  File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\pyXLWriter\OLEWriter.py", line
135
    unknown3 = pack("<H", -2)
DeprecationWarning: struct integer overflow masking is deprecated

Warning (from warnings module):
  File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\pyXLWriter\OLEWriter.py", line
135
    unknown3 = pack("<H", -2)
DeprecationWarning: 'H' format requires 0 <= number <= 65535

Warning (from warnings module):
  File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\pyXLWriter\OLEWriter.py", line
141
    sbd_startblock = pack("<L", -2)
DeprecationWarning: struct integer overflow masking is deprecated

Warning (from warnings module):
  File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\pyXLWriter\OLEWriter.py", line
142
    unknown7 = pack("<LLL", 0x00, -2 ,0x00)
DeprecationWarning: struct integer overflow masking is deprecated

Warning (from warnings module):
  File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\pyXLWriter\OLEWriter.py", line
143
    unused = pack("<L", -1)
DeprecationWarning: struct integer overflow masking is deprecated

Warning (from warnings module):
  File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\pyXLWriter\OLEWriter.py", line
205
    pps_prev = pack("<L", -1)              #0x44
DeprecationWarning: struct integer overflow masking is deprecated

Warning (from warnings module):
  File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\pyXLWriter\OLEWriter.py", line
206
    pps_next = pack("<L", -1)              #0x48
DeprecationWarning: struct integer overflow masking is deprecated

Warning (from warnings module):
  File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\pyXLWriter\OLEWriter.py", line
213
    pps_sb = pack("<L", sb)                #0x74
DeprecationWarning: struct integer overflow masking is deprecated

Warning (from warnings module):
  File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\pyXLWriter\OLEWriter.py", line
207
    pps_dir = pack("<L", dir)              #0x4c
DeprecationWarning: struct integer overflow masking is deprecated

Warning (from warnings module):
  File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\pyXLWriter\OLEWriter.py", line
168
    marker = pack("<L", -3)
DeprecationWarning: struct integer overflow masking is deprecated

Warning (from warnings module):
  File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\pyXLWriter\OLEWriter.py", line
169
    end_of_chain = pack("<L", -2)
DeprecationWarning: struct integer overflow masking is deprecated

Warning (from warnings module):
  File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\pyXLWriter\OLEWriter.py", line
170
    unused = pack("<L", -1)
DeprecationWarning: struct integer overflow masking is deprecated