Python on the web - newby question

SimonPalmer simon.palmer at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 17:00:36 EDT 2008

Apologies in advance if this is either a) the wrong board or b) been
answered a million times elsewhere, but...

I have been given an assignment to get a python module up and running
behind an existing web site.  At the moment the rest of the site is
developed in PHP but the hosts have said they will provide python
support for free, although they haven't given any more details than
that, so I'm not sure exactly what that means.  All reasonably
encouraging though.

I'm a newbie to python but quite experienced with Java/J2EE/JBoss.
What I need to know is how I get python running on the server and what
tools/middleware I would need to have installed on the host's machines
to be able to support my python modules.

Again, apologies if this is the wrong place but I'm a bit lost and
would really appreciate some pointers.

TIA
Simon