Tkinter: scrollbar - unable to scroll the scrollbar if I click on arrow buttons of scroll bars

dudeja.rajat at gmail.com dudeja.rajat at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 11:51:40 EDT 2008

Hi,

Im using a tkinter scrollbars for horinzontal and vertical scrolling. Well
the problem is I'm unable to scroll if I click on the arrows buttons of
scrollbars ( with both types of scrollbars)

Please suggest if I m missing some configuration.

My code is as below:

self.hsb = Scrollbar(appGuiFrame, orient = HORIZONTAL)
self.hsb.grid(row = 2,column = 0, sticky = E+W)
#vertical scroll bar
self.vsb = Scrollbar(appGuiFrame)
self.vsb.grid(row = 1,column = 2, sticky = N+S)

self.txtLogger = Text(appGuiFrame, \
                         height = 20,\
                         width = 100, \
                         state = DISABLED, \
                         xscrollcommand = self.hsb.set, \
                         yscrollcommand = self.vsb.set, \
                         wrap = NONE, \
                         font = ("courier",12))
 self.hsb.config(command = self.txtLogger.xview())
 self.vsb.config(command = self.txtLogger.yview())

Please help.

Thanks and regards,
Rajat