Reportlab - Splitting table by column

raj rajeeshrnair at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 00:28:43 EDT 2008

My Zope based application for a client has to generate annual audit
reports with too wide tables of account-wise payment details. I turned
to reportlab when HTML formatting became a headache for me. Reportlab
doc claims it can split by row as well as column but doesn't explain
how to. Then I came to learn that reportlab does not implement byCol
splitting. But is there a way out for me to split my wide data table
into pages? What if I try to implement splitByCol in the line of
splitByRow? (Only if it won't take much time and effort!) Why don't
they do that themselves? Any serious obstacles?