how to search multiple textfiles ?

Stef Mientki s.mientki at ru.nl
Fri Sep 26 09:35:41 EDT 2008

hello,

I want to search multiple textfiles (python source files) for a specific
word.
I can find all files, open them and do a search,
but I guess that will be rather slow.

I couldn't find any relevant information through google.

Does anyone know of a search library that performs this task fast ?

If it indeed only concerns py-files,
is there another way of searching words ?
( I could imagine that such a "py-only-search" would have benefits,
because you could set a flag to see the words in comment yes or no )

thanks,
Stef Mientki

Het UMC St Radboud staat geregistreerd bij de Kamer van Koophandel in het handelsregister onder nummer 41055629.
The Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre is listed in the Commercial Register of the Chamber of Commerce under file number 41055629.