running python as a dameon

Sean Davis seandavi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 21:56:37 EDT 2008

On Sep 5, 5:55 pm, peyman <peymanfara... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a Natural Language Processing (NLP) code written in python that
> reads into memory a large training file and then given a sentence tags
> it, using the training data. I want to put this NLP code on a server
> which handles all incoming client http requests via PHP. What I want
> to do is to provide the python NLP program as a service to any other
> PHP/Java/Ruby process request. So the mapping is
>
> http -> apache -> PHP/Java/Ruby/... -> Python NLP

Why not use a simple CGI script or wsgi application?  You could make
the service online and interactive and with the same application and
code make an XMLRPC web service.  So, things would look more like:

http -> apache -> Python (running NLP and serving requests)

You can use apache to proxy requests to any one of a dozen or so
python-based webservers.  You could also use mod_wsgi to interface
with a wsgi application.

Sean