XML Processing

Robert Rawlins robert.rawlins at thinkbluemedia.co.uk
Thu Sep 18 07:21:29 EDT 2008

Guys,

I'm running python 2.5 and currently using ElementTree to perform my XML
parsing and creation. ElementTree really is a great package for doing this,
however, I've been tasked by our deployment guys to try and move away from
external libraries where possible as it makes their job easier.

Simple question I suppose to start with, does Python have any inbuilt XML
processing modules? If the answer is no then I'll stick with eTree, if
python does have one, then I'll look at some migration steps.

Many thanks All,

Robert