Shed Skin (restricted) Python-to-C++ compiler 0.0.29

Mark Dufour mark.dufour at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 06:19:17 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I have just released Shed Skin 0.0.29, with the following changes.
Thanks to those mentioned for helping out!

- datetime implementation (Karel Heyse, Pavel Vinogradov, FFAO, David Marek)
- ConfigParser implementation (suggested by Albert Hofkamp)
- staticmethod and property decorator support (Seo Sanghyeon)
- GCC 4.3 fixes (Seo Sanghyeon, Winterknight)
- FreeBSD, OpenSolaris and 64-bit support
- support for mapping keys('%(key)x' % some_dict)
- improvements to the import mechanism for nested modules (e.g. os.path)
- __init__ is now less of a special case
- many fixes for calling ancestor methods (e.g. __init__)
- all example programs now compile to extension modules
- avoid stack overflows for highly recursive/dynamic types
- re.sub now accepts a replacement function
- remove tuple hash caching (as CPython does not do this)
- many, many bugfixes

This has been a significant release, with many important improvements.
Please see my latest blog entry with more details:

http://shed-skin.blogspot.com/

I would really like to receive more bug reports. Please try out the
new release, and file issues at the project homepage:

http://shedskin.googlecode.com

More coding help is also always welcome. One important feature I'd
really like to have for a 0.1 release is custom class support in
extension modules..

Thanks!
Mark.
--
"One of my most productive days was throwing away 1000 lines of code"
- Ken Thompson