How do you get rid of useless warnings?

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Tue Oct 7 11:28:08 EDT 2008

    Grant> In the meantime, how do I get rid of this useless warning?

I thought something like this would work:

    % python2.5 -W 'ignore:.*:Warning:.*:0'
    Python 2.5.3a0 (release25-maint:66627M, Sep 26 2008, 14:40:24)
    [GCC 4.2.2] on sunos5
    >>> with = 8
    <stdin>:1: Warning: 'with' will become a reserved keyword in Python 2.6

but so far, no joy in Mudville.  Futz around with that and see if you can
make it work.  I used this documentation section to come up with what I've
got so far:

    http://www.python.org/doc/2.5.2/lib/warning-filter.html

The 2.6 docs look more fleshed out:

    http://docs.python.org/library/warnings.html

but I haven't checked to see if it offers a little more detail about
supressing warnings from the command line.

HTH,

Skip