2.6, 3.0, and truly independent intepreters

Patrick Stinson patrickstinson.lists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 03:03:20 EDT 2008

Close, I work currently for EastWest :)

Well, I actually like almost everything else about CPython,
considering my audio work the only major problem I've had is with the
GIL. I like the purist community, and I like the code, since
integrating it on both platforms has been relatively clean, and
required *zero* support. Frankly, with the exception of some windows
deployment issues relating to static linking of libpython and some
extensions, it's been a dream lib to use.

Further, I really appreciate the discussions that happen in these
lists, and I think that this particular problem is a wonderful example
of a situation that requires tons of miscellaneous opinions and input
from all angles - especially at this stage. I think that this problem
has lots of standing discussion and lots of potential solutions and/or
workarounds, and it would be cool for someone to aggregate and
paraphrase that stuff into a page to assist those thinking about doing
some patching. That's probably something that the coder would do
themselves though.