When Python should not be used?

jdd jeremiah.dodds at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 05:26:07 EDT 2008

On Oct 5, 8:08 pm, Andrea Francia <andrea.fran... at REMOVE-FROM-
HERE.ohoihihoihoih.TO-HERE.gmx.it> wrote:
> The right tool depends on the current problem.
>
> While some python users prefer to talk about when Python is the right
> tool I think that it is more instructive to know when it is not.
>
> Please, could you let me know what do you think about that?
>
> Thanks
> --
> Andrea Franciahttp://andreafrancia.blogspot.com/2008/07/colinux-linux-dentro-window...

In my experience, Python is not suitable for extremely resource-
intensive stuff where speed is a large priority, unless you're
comfortable with the C api. The vast majority of applications that
people are writing are nowhere near pythons limitations.