I built a nice html templater!

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Sun Oct 5 22:28:51 EDT 2008

Tim Roberts wrote:
> Derick van Niekerk <derickvn at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ok - so it's not really an awesome achievement and only handles basic
>> templating needs (no loops and other programming constructs) but maybe
>> someone will find it useful.
>
> <sarcasm>
> Sure, that's what the world needed.  We didn't have enough Python HTML
> templaters already.
> </sarcasm>
>
> Did you take even 3 minutes to look for a solution before you wrote this?
> There is even a nearly identical solution in the Python cookbook.

While I agree it was a little naive to expect a huge amount of interest
I think there's educational value in building a templating system of
your own. Sarcasm id the lowest form of wit, and there's no real need
for it here. You'd have been better saving your ire for someone who
really deserves it. Sadly there are plenty around.

regards
 Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119