How to Implement an XMLRPC Server in Python?

Zix saviourms at yahoo.co.in
Wed Oct 29 18:01:05 EDT 2008

On Oct 29, 11:26 pm, "Daniel Fetchinson" <fetchin... at googlemail.com>
wrote:
> These pages might be useful, they include example code:

Thanks Daniel, they do help.

On Oct 29, 11:42 pm, "Guilherme Polo" <ggp... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Why did you decide to "expose" a web service through xmlrpc instead of
> actually exposing it by using a restful web service ?
> I'm still surprised on this decision specially because you said you
> read a lot about this topic.

The basic idea behind this app is for me to get comfortable in
building web applications with Python. The REST architechture, while
sounding simple seemed a bit too much work to implement. I am
comfortable with xmlrpc since I've built xmlrpc clients using Perl. So
in summary, no REST because I felt lazy. :)

(I do like how Google has implemented REST with their GData API -
http://code.google.com/apis/gdata/overview.html - they also offer
GData python client library. A GData "server" in Python would be cool!)