mySQL problems

Alfons Nonell-Canals alfons.nonell at upf.edu
Tue Oct 28 09:53:51 EDT 2008

Hi,

> Maybe there is a certain connection limit which hits if your client
> programms reconnect in random order? I saw this on some PHP web sites.
>
> Probably some configuration adjustments and persistent connections
> could help you in this situation.

I know I can check it but I am not the admin of the server where the
mySQL server is and before to check it with the sysadmin I would like to
discard other possibilities (they ask me to do this before) :-(

> Also, was the choice of MySQL a conscious one?

Yes, the choice of MySQL is conscious because I have to manage huge
amounts of data and I already have some experience in mySQL which makes
it easier.

Regards,
Alfons.

--