Peek inside iterator (is there a PEP about this?)

Thu Oct 2 10:06:24 EDT 2008

On Wed, 01 Oct 2008 16:14:09 -0400, Terry Reedy wrote:

> Iterators are intended for 'iterate through once and discard' usages.

Also for reading files, which are often seekable.

I don't disagree with the rest of your post, I thought I'd just make an
observation that if the data you are iterating over supports random
access, it's possible to write an iterator that also supports random
access.

--
Steven