Is PyFIT dead and abandoned?

Pekka Laukkanen peke at iki.fi
Mon Oct 6 20:22:04 EDT 2008

2008/10/6  <oakley at bardo.clearlight.com>:
> I was wanting to experiment with PyFIT but it seems DOA. Googling
> doesn't yield any information less than two years old. When I try to
> install 0.8a2 I get errors because setup.py references a non-existant
> file (FitFilter.py). I find it hard to believe that in two years
> nobody has stumbled over this unless there's simply no one using it.
>
> Has PyFIT been completely abandoned? Is there a better alternative or
> other resources to help me integrate fitnesse and python?

AFAIK PyFIT is still developed by John Roth, who's, AFAIK gain, also
the original author this FIT port. Fitnesse mailing list [1] is
probably the best place for asking further questions.

If you are interested in acceptance testing frameworks, especially
ones implemented with Python, you may also want to take a look at
Robot Framework [2]. This framework is FIT-like but original
influences come elsewhere. To get an overview of the most important
features, take a look at the Quick Start Guide [3].

I'm the lead developer of Robot Framework so I'm too biased to
objectively compare it to PyFIT or other frameworks. I'd be interested
in hearing comments and feedback from others, though, and promise to
answer questions and otherwise help getting started. I'll probably
also send a bit longer announcement mail to this list soonish
(assuming that such announcements are OK to moderators).

Cheers,
    .peke