PYTHON WORKING WITH PERL ??

Joshua Kugler joshua at joshuakugler.com
Thu Oct 16 16:34:53 EDT 2008

Pat wrote:
>> Rewrite everything in python.  Save yourself now...while you still
>> can.
>>
>> ~Sean
>
> Trust me. Sean is absolutely correct. I'm currently in the process of
> converting a large Perl project to Python (and learning Python at the
> same time) and the improvement in code is incredible.  After you learn
> Python, you'll come to despise Perl.

I'm not a Python fan-boy, but I'm going to have to agree with Sean too.  I
had been using Perl on-and-off for some 10 years, when I finally had to
write a 500-ish line script in Perl for some data processing.  It got messy
in a hurry.  Is this a hash? Is it a reference to a hash? Is it a reference
to a hash of array references?  Gaaah!  I rewrote it in Python, and it was
so much easier to keep all my data structures straight.