Python 2.6, GUI not working on vista?

Mensanator mensanator at aol.com
Thu Oct 9 19:07:26 EDT 2008

On Oct 9, 5:48 pm, "Martin v. Löwis" <mar... at v.loewis.de> wrote:
> > I posted a problem with Vista on Jul 6 concerning not being
> > able to run IDLE in 2.6b1. No replies.
>
> Where did you post that? On python-dev?

No, right here on comp.lang.python. I don't even know what
you're referring to.

> > What am I supposed to do? File bug reports on things
> > I don't even know are bugs?
>
> You mean, it might have been intentional that IDLE won't run
> on Vista?

No, as in maybe it's not a bug, maybe it's just me
being stupid or there's something wrong with my setup
(aside from using Vista in the first place over which
I had no control).

I'm not a developer, just a lowly end user. I'm not in
a position to be able to fix anything. All I can do is
report it and if it's legitimate, then hopefully someone
who knows what he's doing will fix it.