python3 - the hardest hello world ever ?

Orestis Markou orestis at orestis.gr
Wed Oct 15 09:07:21 EDT 2008

I would just use UTF-8 and be done with it.

Set your editor to write UTF-8 files, set the correct #coding at your
python script, make sure your terminal supports outputting UTF-8
characters (and your font has the correct glyphs) and everything
should be fine. No trickery required.

Even for Python 2.x, the only extra thing needed was the u"" kind of
strings. No other trickery in sys.stdout required. What platform do
you use?

Orestis
orestis at orestis.gr
http://orestis.gr/