self signing a py2exe windows executable

William Heath wgheath at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 22:15:43 EDT 2008

Hi All,
I just purchased a code signing certificate from godaddy.  It is a .spc.  I
installed it, I see it in the trusted root authority in the certificates
area of ie.  By the way I got the self signed approach to work, thanks!
 Anyway, I am not clear how to proceed as the .spc does not show up in the
personal area of the certificates.  How do I do that?  Based on the
directions I saw, I should export the .spc which I did to a .cer.
 Unfortunately I don't think it has the private key.  I have 2 files I made
when I made the godaddy certificate request that look like this:

server.key:

-----END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----

and server.csr:

-----END CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----

The directions on godaddy tell me to create a pfx file by doing this (on
windows):

pvkimprt -PFX mycert.spc mykey.pvk

This results with:

C:\cygwin\home\blech\pagedna-qb>pvkimprt -PFX codesign_14696036.spc
server.key
Error: 000004c0, The format of the specified password is invalid.

I am confused how to continue.  Any help is appreciated.  I definitely got
the self signed approach to work just missing something here!

-Tim

P.S.

Is my server.key the .pvk file they are referring to?