Python certification

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Mon Oct 20 21:08:39 EDT 2008

On 2008-10-20, Eric Wertman <ewertman at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not advocating some kind of licensing for programmers.  I
> just really wish there was some reasonable gauge that could be
> used to evaluate information professionals.

It would be nice if there was, but there isn't.  AFAICT,
certification for other things in software (whether it's RedHat
or Microsoft) has proven completely worthless. There's no
reason to think certification for Python would be any
different.  As soon as there's a certification test, there are
going to be courses and study guides to allow useless people to
temporarily memorized enough to pass the test without becoming
useful.

You've still got to interview them and see what sort of
questions they ask.  I find the questions people ask to be more
revealing than the questions they answer.

--
Grant