open a new terminal window from another terminal window in linux/unix system

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Fri Oct 31 05:50:26 EDT 2008

Hi,

gaurav kashyap wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am using Microsoft Windows XP.Using putty.exe,I connected to LINUX
> server  and a terminal window gets opened.Here i logeed in as root.
>
> What i want to do is open another terminal window from already opened
> terminal window.

Ugh. As others said and I already guessed, this has nothing to do with
python.

While this is totally unrelated to this list I'll help you going
into the right direction (but you need to walk yourself):

http://x.cygwin.com/

Basically you would install the x window system and some shell
tools (including openssh client) and then log into the
remote box and start any x window application, also as many
terminals as you can carry. (especially look out for
x-session forwarding etc.)

> Can this be achieved.If yes,please provide a tested solution

Ah tested. Haha. Yes many people have done it, so its tested.

If you provide a contract and pay money you should also be able to
get someone to configure the system in the way you want it :-)

Cheers
Tino