2.6, 3.0, and truly independent intepreters

greg greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Fri Oct 31 04:50:54 EDT 2008

Patrick Stinson wrote:
> Speaking of the big picture, is this how it normally works when
> someone says "Here's some code and a problem and I'm willing to pay
> for a solution?"

In an open-source volunteer context, time is generally more
valuable than money. Most people can't just drop part of
their regular employment temporarily, so unless there's
quite a *lot* of money being offered (enough to offer someone
full-time employment, for example) it doesn't necessarily
make any more man-hours available.

--
Greg